After a Cool Down...

I tried working with coding the layout I designed again after cooling down for a little bit. I'm having a little more success with dissecting apart one of the default templates and changing what I need to change to make things work. It's a PITA, but I think it's faster than me trying to code something from scratch, which I've already tried. (And it totally didn't work). I'm messing with a few things to see if I can get the template to work with my layout. If they don't work, then I've come up with a few options to settle with.

But I'm still going to do some local testing on building my own from scratch. I think it's time, since having a space completely my own has been something I wanted to do since I first started working with web development. Which is about 15 years ago now. (Holy crap!) I had the time then, but not the funds. I have the funding now, but not the time. xD There are some trade-offs with getting older! But I want to expand a bit more on what I have here, such as in-depth character profiles. It's possible here, but requires some work-arounds. And I think I've made it clear how I feel about those... xD

Almost all of my dolls are representations of characters in the story lines that I've been working on for years. Asalie is my oldest character, and her first character incarnation actually came about in mid-to-late 2002. She started becoming what she is now in early 2003. She's been around with me for a bit. :) I think it might be fun to share a bit about each one of the characters I have dolled. ^^

Getting Used to Them, I Suppose...

More code tweaking will happen later, and hopefully I can give this place it's new look soon. Once I've got that out of the way, I'll move onto getting myself set up with a local development environment and start my testing. But I did manage to update my little linky widget thing up in the sidebar! :D It's also kind of a little sneak peek at what's to come, as those are my new icons for the linky widget thing on the new layout. It's got new links added, including my Etsy shop, Instagram, Twitter, and Google+ page. (Not that I've posted anything on anything except Etsy...) Oh, and I also made a favicon! ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Layout and Graphics © Quirked/Dolly-Faced 2012-2015. Powered By Blogger.